1. Measure out 1/3 cup of your favorite type of oats. I prefer old fashioned oats, but this works great with any type. Make sure to put the oats in an easy grab and go container that can go in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Add 1/2 cup of unsweetned almond milk to the oats.
3. Mix in 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds for a little crunch.
4. Using a spoon, stir the mixture to ensure even distribution of the chia and flax seeds.
5. Put a tablespoon of almond butter on top and pop the top on the container and put it in the fridge. If the almond butter you use is a little on the runny side, go ahead and stir it in as well.
6. The oats will be a nice consistency when you grab your container in the morning and head out the door.
7. I always bring a banana with me to work to slice and put on the top of my oats before eating. Experiment with frozen berries, fresh coconut, or nuts as toppings.
WHY I LOVE IT
Easy to prepare breakfast for your early mornings! Pop it in the fridge the night before so you can just grab and go in the morning.
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup unsweetned almond milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 tablespoon crunchy almond butter
I like to top mine with a fresh cut banana but I know banana's aren't for everyone so get creative with your fruit topping!