1. Place a few inches of water into a pot on the stove and boil. Then add the cauliflower and cover, this will create a steam chamber.
2. Let the cauliflower steam for about 12 minutes, then remove the lid, and the cauliflower and empty the water.
3. Return the cauliflower to the empty pot and slowly begin to add the almond milk as you use and immersion blender to blend the soft cauliflower.
4. If you don't have an immersion blender you can blend the cauliflower and almond milk in a food processor or high powered blender.
5. Once smooth, remove, and add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. You can also get creative at this point and add chives or other favorite toppings.
1 head of cauliflower 1
1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk Olive oil to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
**Immersion blender/food processor/vitamix required**
WHY I LOVE IT
This is a great alternative to mashed potatoes. Your kids will never know the difference! The creamy texture and flavor mask all signs that these "mashed potatoes" are actually cauliflower.