Homemade Bone Broth
1. Place the bones in your slow cooker.
2. Add the celery, carrots, onion and parsley to the slow cooker.
3. Add enough water to cover all of the ingredients.
4. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 10hours on low.
5. In the last hour of cooking, add one tablespoon of vinegar. The acid from the vinegar will leach the minerals from the bone.
6. After the broth is done cooking, remove from the slow cooker and place in mason jars for storage. These are great fresh, or frozen for later use.
WHY I LOVE IT
This is a great base for soups, and is equally as delicious and nutritious on its own. With cold weather looming, this will be one of my go to weekly prep items!
Chicken or beef bones (can be obtained from the butcher or a leftover chicken) 1
Lemon towards the end of the cooking process
1 Tbsp Vinegar