1. Drain two cans of chickpeas. Make sure to thuroughly wash and dry the chickpeas after removing them from the can.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Toss the towel-dried chickpeas in a tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Spread the olive-oil coated chickpeas out on a non-stick baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle the chickpeas with your favorite spice. I tend to use Cayenne, because I like a little kick. But you can also use, paprika, turmeric, chai spice or cinnamon if you want to a little more on the sweet end.
6. Place the baking sheet in the over, and let the chickpeas bake for 45minutes, mixing them up at the 20minute mark.
7. Remove, let cool, and enjoy! Throw these crunchy, flavorful chickpeas in a salad or just snack on them by themselves!
WHY I LOVE IT
I tend to love crunchy things to snack on. Apples, carrot sticks, celery, etc. However, sometimes you need a little more. This is when I make my roasted chickpeas.
2 cans chickpeas
1 tablespoon of olive oil
your favorite spices