top of page
Homemade Almond Butter
WHY I LOVE IT
This is a great alternative to buying almond butter at the store. Plus it allows you to really customize the flavor!
1 bag (3 cups) raw almonds
**Food processor required**
1. Start with a bag of raw almonds. I always buy mine at Trader Joe's. Each bag has a bout 3 cups of almonds in it.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350*. Place the almonds on a cookie sheet and roast them to your likeness. I like a deep roast on my almonds as it gives the butter a richer flavor.
3. When the almonds are roasted to the degree that you prefer take them out of the oven and let them cool.
4. Place the cool almonds in a food processor, using the "S" blade.
5. Put the lid on the food processor, start it up and walk away. The almonds will take a while to turn into almond butter.
6. The almonds will go from solid, to a grainy powder like texture, and finally into a smooth butter. My recommendation is that when you notice the almonds have turned into butter to let them go another few minutes. This will ensure a nice smooth texture.
7. Customize It! It is during this phase, that I like to customize my almond butter. I will often add flax seed, chia seed, or if I want to sweeten it up a bit a little honey.
bottom of page